Take my hand, we'll make it I swear

So the first half of the year has come and gone (6th October), and what a 6 months it has been!

When I started this project back in April, Dad was still walking, talking and though he noticeably had dementia he was still to a large degree my dad (I know he has never, nor will never stop being my dad).

Maybe it's natural, with time constraints seeing Dad in hospital, but my running distance had slipped in recent weeks/months, and it was only very recently (just before 6th October I think) that my total for the year so far hit the half way mark.

I had planned to be averaging around 6k per day, not just the minimum average 4.7k per day to account for the summer months being lighter. Plus I had been on organised runs (like 10k and park runs) which are now less frequent, and with my wife back to work from maternity those occasions are also less frequent.

Still, half way there in terms of distance and time, so I have to just remember the words of Bon Jovi:

We've got to hold on to what we've got (no, we don't have Dad anymore, so we have to be strong together)
It doesn't make a difference if we make it or not (true, but I'd better give it a bloody good try for Dad's sake)
We've got each other and that's a lot for love
We'll give it a shot

Woah, we're half way there
Woah, livin' on a prayer
Take my hand, we'll make it I swear

Woah, livin' on a prayer

Bless you Dad

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

parkrun PB

On tour

Early days